David Zhang brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to TACDC and our clients, not only in his successful and established profession of law but also in his leadership roles in Shandong’s premier business and legal organisations.
David is the founder of the Qingdao International Business Club and one of the Directors of the Qingdao Business Leaders Association. His recognition in the field of law is highlighted by his position as one of the Directors of the Qingdao Bar Association, his role as Legal Council for the 2004 and 2005 APEC Small & Medium Enterprises Technology Conferences and his awards in 2004 and 2005 of “ Advanced Individual’ from the Qingdao Judicial and Administrative Office.
David keeps in close contact and has cooperation agreements with several global law firms, international debt collection companies, Chambers of Commerce in more than 10 countries and regions, such as Britain, Germany, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. David has participated in several paid working visits to Germany, Canada and UK and is a highly sought after key note speaker.
Areas of Practice
David Zhang specializes in foreign direct investment, international trade, banking, insurance and maritime law.
He has acted as corporate counsels to a large number of elite multinationals and foreign-invested companies, providing comprehensive high quality legal services.
David has extensive practical experience in foreign investment and has represented a number of foreign investors in the incorporation of Wholly foreign-owned enterprises, Joint Venture, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and financing. His services include project structuring, due diligence, document drafting, negotiation, providing advice on industry policies, administrative approval procedures, taxation, foreign exchange controls, import and export, labor issues, etc. He is also a leading lawyer in the field of international debt collection.
David Zhang is one of the founding partners of You Hua Law Firm, and has been working with the firm since its establishment in 2007. Prior to that, He worked in the International Department of PICC Qingdao from 1992 to 2000, engaged in making insurance policy, developing business and settling claims of Ocean Marine Cargo Transportation Insurance, analyzing the credit standing reports of foreign importers and examining and approving the credit limits to domestic exporters, settling claims and making international debt collection of Comprehensive Export Credit Insurance. From 2001 to 2007, he worked as a lawyer in the Foreign-related Affairs Department of Ya & Tai Law Firm, which is listed among the top 100 law firms nationwide and top 3 in Qingdao. He is proficient in Chinese and English.
Higher Education & Professional Qualifications
- 1992 Bachelor Degree of Arts, Ocean University of Qingdao.
- 1999 Admission to Practice, National Bar Exam of China.
- 2001 Certificate of Qualification for Legal English Translator and Interpreter.
- 2002 Training course “Multilateral Trading System and WTO Agreement” CCIC in cooperation with EU-China Program for China’s accession to WTO.
- 2009 Took Training courses in Hong Kong as a member of delegation of Shandong lawyers and law firm directors on investigation for anti-dumping and trade friction in the USA, M&A, and company law of Hong Kong and cross-border litigations, as well as participating in several symposiums discussing how to increase the cooperation between Hong Kong and China based law firms.
- 2010 David took an advanced study course on Intellectual Property Rights as one of the 12 leading lawyers in Qingdao, which was jointly held by Department of Justice of Shandong Province and Shandong Bar Association.
- 2010 Invited to the Fourth Chinese Enterprises Outbound Investment Conference, held by China Council for the Promotion of International Trade and Ministry of Commerce of China.